Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cook's Night Off

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


       Last night, only Kelly and I were home for dinner.  It was an incredibly beautiful evening, there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  So we decided to walk up to one of our favorite restaurants in the neighborhood, Cravings Wine Bar & Grille, and have dinner on their patio.

     It was a lovely evening, and we had a great meal.  As much as I love to cook, sometimes it's nice to have a meal out and let someone else do the cooking.  Plus it was a great opportunity to have some nice one on one conversation with Kelly.

     One of the things I love about Cravings is that they change their menu several times a year, so there's always something new to try.  We both started out with a Field greens salad.  It is a very simple, but fresh tasting salad.  It's made up of mix greens, lots of grape tomatoes, red onions, croutons and then it is lightly dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette and they always offer you fresh cracked pepper.  Simple, healthy and delicious!

     We both decided we were going to keep things light, so I  had the Tomato and basil bruschetta and Kelly had the Margherita flat bread.  Both were awesome!  The bread for the bruschetta was perfectly grilled and then was topped with slightly warm, fresh mozzerella, tomatoes (which this time of year have so much flavor), basil and a balsamic reduction.  It was heavenly!  The flatbread was topped with a garlic puree, mozzerella and parmesan cheese, basil and roasted grape tomatoes.  It, too was delicious!

     Since I'm still thinking about last night's meal, I know what I need to do this weekend.  I am going to try and re-create the salad and the bruschetta.  That's one of the things I love about going out for dinner, if I have something really good at a restaurant, it's fun to try and come up with my own version at home.  That's the creative side of cooking that I love!

     So, in my next post, look for recipes and pictures of my own versions of Field greens salad and Tomato and basil bruschetta.  Then you can try it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment