Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

15 Minute Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      I am always trying to make things that I can freeze, both finished meals as well as ingredients like cooked chicken or roasted vegetables and so on.  It is such a time saver when you are in a pinch to get dinner on the table.  It can be the difference between having a healthy home-cooked meal and ordering pizza delivery.

     I was able to take advantage of my well stocked freezer last night.  Steve was going out of town and had to leave for the airport by 5:30, so dinner had to be early (early for us, anyway), so I really wanted something that I could put together quickly.  After rummaging around the freezer, I found beef au jus (click on the link for the recipe) some roasted peppers and onions and some hamburger buns.  In the refrigerator, I had some provolone cheese slices.  So, in no time at all, I had Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches!


15 Minute Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches




  • 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded beef ( if you don't have any, you can use deli roast beef)
  • 1 cup roasted peppers and onions (if you don't have any, you could use jarred roasted red peppers and omit the onion)
  • 4 slices provolone cheese
  • 4 hamburger buns, split
  • olive oil

Heat both the beef and the peppers in the microwave.  Meanwhile, preheat broiler on high and put buns on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.


Put under the broiler until toasted.  Remove from broiler and top the bottom half of each bun with 1/4 of the beef, 1/4 of the peppers and onions and one slice of cheese.


Remove the top half of the buns from the cookie sheet and put back under the broiler until the cheese is melted.


Dinner is ready!  I told you it was quick. 


ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. That looks lovely, Lisa! I can just imagine tucking into it for lunch or dinner.

    Paula @ Spoons 'n' Spades

    ReplyDelete