Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Antipasto Minis: An Easy Party Snack

        Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


     This past weekend was another great one!  On Saturday, Nicole and Kelly came home from school and the five of us went to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater to see "Hairspray".  It was HILARIOUS!  Then on Sunday my family came over to celebrate my birthday and we had appetizers and cake in the afternoon.  It was a very nice way to spend the day.

     I kept the appetizers pretty simple.  I put together a cheese board with a variety of breads and crackers and I found a recipe in this month's Everday with Rachael Ray for these cute little skewered antipasto snacks.  They were super easy to make.  I got all the ingredients ready and got all of the kids assembling the skewers for me and they were ready in no time!  Boiling the water took longer than anything else.

    I doubled the recipe and made a couple tweaks to it.  I did not mix any olive oil with the pesto because my pesto was already pretty thin and instead of drizzling it over the skewers, I tossed the tomatoes and bocconcini in the pesto, as well as the tortelloni.  I also did not use any salt or pepper as I didn't think it needed any.

     They turned out to be very popular, there were not many left.  I will definitely make these again.


Antipasto Minis, from Everday with Rachael Ray


  • 12 cheese tortelloni
  • 2 tbsp prepared pesto
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 6 slices (1/4 inch thick) soppressata, halved
  • 12 thin slices salami
  • 12 bocconcini (3/4 inch fresh mozzarella balls)
  • 12 grape tomatoes




Cook the tortelloni according to package directions.  Drain, then rinse under cold water.

In a medium bowl, mix the pesto and olive oil.

Toss the cooled tortelloni in the pesto oil to coat.  Season with salt.

Thread a soppressata piece onto a 3-inch skewer (I used longer ones because that was all I had on hand)
Add 1 tortelloni.  Wrap a salami slice in half around a bocconcini and skewer.  End with a tomato.  Repeat to make 12.



Arrange the skewers on a platter and drizzle with the remaining pesto oil.  Sprinkle with the pepper.


     Simple, right?  If you're asked to bring an appetizer to a party, this would be a great one to make.  It would travel well, and is great served room temperature.

ENJOY!


Shared at Family Fresh Meals on 12/18/11.

1 comment:

  1. These are so adorable and so easy to make. I know these would be a big hit at any gathering.

    ReplyDelete