Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Everthing's Better With Bacon....Green Beans with Bacon, Tomato and Garlic

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      Last night I had to come up with a quick dinner.  I'm sure that sounds familiar to a lot of you, someone always seems to have something going on in the evening, right?  We actually had something very fun that we were doing last night.  Steve, Alex and I were going to the Foo Fighters concert (...yes....I like the Foo fighters....and yes....it was my idea for us to go, but whatever).  The concert was fabulous, but I digress, I'm trying to tell you about my quick dinner.

     My initial plan was definitely something quick, but was definitely a yawner.  I was going to reheat some grilled pork chops that I had in the freezer, defrost some rolls and steam some fresh green beans.  Well, that just wasn't going to do it for me, so I started thinking about how I could ramp up the green beans.  As I thought about it, I remembered that I had some bacon, garlic and a nice roma tomato and I knew I was on to something.

     All I did was saute some chopped bacon (a great tip for bacon is to cut it up and freeze it.  Then when a recipe calls for chopped bacon, just defrost it for a couple of minutes in the microwave and it's ready for your recipe), saute the tomato and garlic, steam the green beans and mix it all together.  It literally took me about 15 minutes to put together.  I actually had to turn the heat off for a few minutes, because we weren't all ready for dinner yet.

     They were very tasty and way better than plain old steamed green beans!  Alex's comment was, "What's wrong with bacon, garlic and green beans?"  I think, nothing!

      So here it is:

   Green Beans with Bacon, Tomato and Garlic

  • 2 strips of bacon, chopped
  • 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 large tomato (I used roma), seeded and chopped
  • 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and washed (I bought my pre-trimmed and washed)
  • salt and pepper to taste




Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add bacon and saute until crisp, remove from pan and set aside.  Meanwhile, microwave the beans for about 3 minutes.




Add garlic and tomato to the pan and saute until garlic is fragrant and the tomato starts to break down and form a sauce (you want it to coat the beans).




Add the bean to the pan and toss to coat with the tomato.  Season with salt and pepper.



Place in a serving dish and top with the bacon.  Enjoy!


Shared at It's a Keeper on 10/6/11

1 comment: