Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Easiest Grilled Shrimp....Ever

        Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


     Happy Monday to everyone! I always love early September. The mornings and evenings are cooler, but the day still heats up to feel like summer (which I love).  This past Friday was one of those great September days, so Steve sent me a note on his way home from a business trip and suggested that we take advantage of the weather and spend the evening grilling and enjoying our deck.  I thought he had a great idea.....I'd been thinking the same thing.

     I had been at Sam's Club earlier in the day and they happened to have some great looking shrimp at a pretty good price, so I picked some up, along with some pesto.  I thought, how about I toss the shrimp with some pesto, skewer them and throw them on the grill?  Then I saw they had some already cut vegetables ready for the grill and I thought, why not toss them with some pesto, too, before they go on the grill?  How easy does that sound?
     Well, it was VERY easy and the meal was delicious.  I will definitely be making pesto shrimp skewers again!

     Here is exactly how I did it:

Pesto Shrimp Skewers



1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 jar prepared pesto
skewers


I know, it's a lot of ingredients

Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the pesto, a spoonful at a time until the shrimp is well coated.


Thread the shrimp onto the skewers.



Grill over medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until shrimp is opaque.

That's it!  I removed the shrimp from the skewers because mine are metal, so they were very hot.  But if you use wooden skewers, you could just serve everyone their own skewer on their plate.

Give this one a try, you won't be disapointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment