Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Quick Stovetop Chicken Parmigiana

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


     As you may know, I love veal parmigiana and I love chicken parmigiana, too.  But while it is not necessarily difficult to make, both dishes are a little time consuming to make.  Sometimes you simply don't have the time to go through all of the steps...breading, frying, baking....you get the idea.  Yesterday I made a super big batch of spaghetti sauce and really wanted to use some for dinner.  Chicken parm sounded good to me, but I didn't feel like taking a long time to make dinner. So I came up with a much quicker version, no breading or baking required AND I only dirtied one pan!

     Instead of breading and frying the chicken, I just sauteed chicken breasts that I had pounded out so that they would cook up quickly.  Then I topped them with sauce that I had already heated and some cheese.  Then I popped a cover on the pan and once the cheese was melted, voila, dinner was ready.  I served the chicken over pasta and even that was easy.  Whenever I have leftover pasta, I toss it with some sauce and put individual portions in ziploc bags and freeze them.  They heat up in the microwave in just a couple of minutes.  I had some in the freezer last night, so I didn't even have to boil water.  The whole meal took me about 30 minutes to make.


Quick Stovetop Chicken Parmigiana


  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I only used 3, since there were only 3 of us)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 cup Marinara Sauce (plus more if you're serving this with pasta)
  • 1 cup mozzerella cheese (I use reduced fat)
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese


Place chicken pieces in a gallon size ziploc bag.  Pound with the smooth side of a meat mallot, or the bottom of a small skillet until about 3/4 of an inch thick. (trust me, it takes like two minutes)

A good way to get your aggressions out!



Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Make sure you let the oil get good and hot.  Add chicken to the pan and saute about four minutes until browned, turn over and cook for another four minutes.



Once chicken is browned, top each piece with 1/4 cup sauce, 1/4 cup mozzerella and sprinkle on some parmesan. 



Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan until the cheese is melted.






I like to serve it over pasta, but you could certainly serve it on its own with a vegetable or salad.  Give it a try, it really only takes about 30 minutes.

ENJOY!


Shared at It's a Keeper on 10/6/11
Shared at Mandy's Recipe Box on 11/29/22





1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! We love Italian. And quick, well, I'm all about that. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Love seeing new faces. Please come again!

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete