Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweet and Simple: Cherry Crisp!

        Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      I was REALLY craving something sweet the other night when I happened upon a recipe for apple crisp on Everyday Mom's Meals.  It sounded so good and the recipe was incredibly easy!  The unfortunate thing was...I didn't have any apple pie filling in the house.  But then I realized I had cherry pie filling, so the wheels started turning and I thought, "hmm I bet cherries would work just fine in the recipe."  So I got to work and in no time at all I had myself some cherry crisp.  It was fantastic!  I still can't believe how easy it was!

    I think this recipe would be good with just about any pie filling that you have on hand.  I'm thinking peach or blueberry would be especially tasy.  You can go to  Everday Mom's Meals to see the apple version of this recipe, but for the cherry version, read on.



 Cherry Crisp


  • 1 can cherry pie filling
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the pie filling in the bottom of the baking dish.


In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, oats, butter, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg.


Mix until crumbly.


Sprinkle over the top of the cherries.



Bake for 35 minutes, until brown and bubbly.  Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.


Doesn't that look delicious?  ENJOY!


Shared at This Chick Cooks on 10/4/11
Shared at Recipes For My Boys on 10/7/11

No comments:

Post a Comment