Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Pancetta and Sage Alfredo Sauce

       Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


       I have to give credit to BrokeAss Gourmet  for the inspiration for this dinner.  I was busy reading blogs one afternoon when I happened upon Pumpkin Gnocchi on BrokeAss Gourmets blog.  It looked really good and it sounded so easy to make.  I made it my own by tossing the gnocchi in a pancetta and sage alfredo sauce.  It all turned out very well and made a delicious dinner!


     For the gnocchi recipe, visit BrokeAss Gourmet.  They have a really terrific blog, all of the recipes are under $20 to make and they all look fantastic! I actually made a double recipe of the gnocchi and froze half, so I now can have a really quick meal on a busy night. Here is a little pictorial of my experience making the gnocchi and following that is the recipe for the alfredo sauce.








Pancetta and Sage Alfredo Sauce

  • 4 oz chopped pancetta
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 1/2 oz shredded parmesan or a three cheese blend (I used parmesan, asiago and romano)
  • 2 tbsp sage, chopped
  • pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
  • salt and pepper


Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add pancetta and saute until crispy.  Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.  Drain oil from pan and wipe clean.



Melt butter over medium heat in same skillet.  Sprinkle flour into pan and whisk into butter.  Cook for a minute or two.




Gradually whisk milk into the butter/flour mixture.  Continue whisking and bring mixture to a bubble. 


Continue cooking until mixture has thickened, whisking constantly.  Grate nutmeg into the mixture and season with salt and pepper.



Turn heat off and whisk in cheese, a little bit at a time until melted.


Add sage and pancetta and combine.



At this point, my sauce was a little thicker than I wanted, so I stirred in some more milk to thin it out.
Once gnocchi is cooked, add to skillet and stir to coat with the sauce.




Serve immediately.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment