Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lazy Day Turkey Noodle Soup

        Lisa's Dinnertime Dish has moved.  Please visit me at my new and improved blog site!  The new address is http://lisasdinnertimedish.com.  I look forward to seeing you at the new site!!


      After Thanksgiving I made up a really big batch of turkey stock and I froze the last of the leftover turkey.  This came in really handy in the days leading up to Christmas.  I was able to take those leftovers along with vegetables that I needed to use up and make a really easy and delicious turkey noodle soup.

     To make it even easier, I decided to make it in the slow cooker.  I chopped up the veggies I was using and I literally threw everything but the noodles into the pot and let it simmer away all day.  It really couldn't be more simple than that!  As far as the veggies go, I used the basic carrot, celery and onion mix and then I threw in some red pepper and zucchini.  You really could throw in whatever veggies you like, it's a great recipe to use up what you already have on hand.  If you don't have any turkey on hand you could certainly use chicken stock and chicken, it would be equally delicious.

Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup

  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 2 ribs celery, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 2 small zucchini, chopped (or whatever veggies you like)
  • 3 cups cooked, shredded turkey (or chicken)
  • 1 tsp poultry seasoning
  • salt and pepper
  • 8 cups turkey stock (or chicken stock)
  • 2 cups egg noodles (I used whole wheat)


Chop your veggies.


Add veggies, turkey, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to slow cooker, stirring to combine.




Add turkey stock and combine.



Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  About 30 minutes before you're ready to serve, add egg noodles.
Ladle into bowls and serve.


ENJOY!


Shared atFood Corner on 12/27/11.
Shared at Gooseberry Patch on 12/28/11.
Shared at This Chick Cooks on 12/28/11.
Shared at Miz Helen's Country Cottage on 12/28/11.
Shared at Baking Bad on 12/30/11.
Shared at Easy Natural Food on 1/1/12.
Shared at Newlyweds Blog on 1/4/12.










3 comments:

  1. Lazy day sounds awesome to me and along with your soup that would make it perfect. It looks like a delicious recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year and Abundant Blessings in 2012!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like just the kind of soup I need right now, tasty and nutritious! Thanks for sharing this with Sunday Night Soup Night, look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete